It is important to format text correctly. Formatting methods provide visual cues for readers and makes reading of text easy and understandable. What for?
Of course, for your beloved and long-awaited reader. The main thing is that the reader could see in front of him/her an easily readable text written not only competently in terms of spelling and style, but also clearly defined and highlighted main idea of the article.
Pupils learn how to format text in high school, and those who are not familiar with this, it is easy to find the information you need in the Internet.
There are the following formatting elements:
- Allocation of headings and subheadings. Select for yourself two or three ways of allocation of text, if there is more, you risk causing irritation and fatigue in your readers.
- Bullets and Numbering. Our brain is used to classify everything, and this technique of formatting will facilitate the reading.
- Highlighting of key words or phrases. It helps with speed of reading, one can see whether or not to delve into details.
- Readable Font. Abstruse fonts are hard to read, they can also lead to inadvertent irritation and fatigue after reading. Therefore, choose an easy to read font.
- Simple sentences. There is the golden formula in psychology – 7 plus, minus 2. It applies to the number of words in a sentence.
Remember the golden mean, the excessive use of formatting elements can lead to loss of quality of the text. Talking about the design of the text, it is necessary to mention also the illustrations – pictures, tables, charts, photos are welcome. It is important that the illustrations were of good quality and meet the topic.
After formatting it is time to save the article, and most important thing is to remember in which folder it is saved. Ideally it would be good to create a separate folder. If the article is written by hand, it is better to convert it into electronic form, and then save, close, and remember where it is.
About the author: Jon Wotton likes speed races, books reading and playing basketball. He is interested in cultures differences, languages, modern art and methods of internet education. Jon also helps to care for animals in animal shelters.